Friday 10 August 2012

My Myoga experience at the Vineyard Hotel, Cape Town

Myoga is by far my favourite restaurant in my area. I am a huge fan of fine dining and when ever the occasion arises this is my "go to" restaurant.

The restaurant is situated at the Vineyard Hotel in Newlands, and seats about 100 people. The kitchen is open plan, so at all times the guests are able to see and hear the excitment and hustle and bustle of the chefs at work,. The restaurant is decorated beautifully with demasque chairs, black carpets, white table clothes, crystal chandeliers and sprinkeled with attentive waitrons who are able to assist you with any requests you may have.

Myoga has a special where they offer a 7 course meal for R225 + and additional R180 for wine pairing, and if I may say so myself, this is totally worth it. Each course is the right size and bursting with flavours! The restaurant incorporates a fusion twist which makes the food that much more delectable and flavoursome. There is also a seperate menu, if you are not interested in having 7 courses, but I highly recommend the 7 courses, it is well worth it.

Here's what I had:

For starters I had a Pea and bacon risotto cake with parsley cream. It was 2 mouthfulls in size, crunchy on the outside, and creamy in the inside and smothered with the parsley cream which was a wonderful compliment to the dish.

Starters
 2nd course I had a butternut salad with chorizo, feta, sunflower seeds and a special dressing. The butternut was soft and melted in your mouth and the other accompaniments really added flavour to the dish and complimented it as a whole.

2nd course
3rd course - Soup I had the Miso butternut soup with crispy bacon and croutons. At first my soup arrived and was far too salty, almost inedible, so I sent it back to the chef, who tasted it and adjusted the soup accordingly with no fuss. 2nd time around it was delectable! The bacon was crunchy and the croutons added depth to the dish. The soup was slightly spicy and made my tummy warm inside, perfect for the wintery weather we are experiencing, it was wonderful!



3rd course
 4th course - Pasta I had the seafood linguine which was also delicious, quite salty, but still lovely. I was maybe expecting some prawns in the dish, which didn't arrive, but the linguine was enjoyable all in all.

4th course
5th course - palette cleanser I had a ginger and lime sorbet. ABSOLUTELY delicious! so flavoursome and the ginger really came through and cleansed my palette nicely!

5th course
6th course - main course I had the pork tenderloin which was done beautifully, medium - rare and very flavousome. I would have enjoyed the potatoes to be mashed and maybe another vegetable accompaniment. But it was enjoyable to say the least.

6th course
7th course - dessert I had the apple tart tartin with creme fraiche and crushed pistachio nuts which was splendid! Rich, creamy and delicious with the crunchiness of the pastry and nuts and the smoothness of the apples complimenting eachother wonderfully! I highly recommend it!



I love this restaurant and really recommend that everyone pays it a visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment