Wednesday 22 August 2012

Guava's are BACK in season! Here's something you can do with them!

Today's recipe I cannot take credit for making, as my mom actually made it for me. They are my favourite and they are very versatile in terms of how you can eat them and with what. The recipe for today is quick and easy STEWED GUAVA"S! You can eat them with your breakfast which I have done, you can have them with custard for dessert or you can even eat them plain. They are sweet, delish and really hit the spot!

Here is the recipe:

Stewed Guava's:

Ingredients:

  • 4 (or more depending on how many you want) ripe guava's, peeled and halved
  • 3 cups water (or enough water to cover the guava's in your particular sized pot)
  • 200ml sugar
  • 3 cinnamon sticks

Ingredients

Method:

  1. Place the water, cinnamon sticks and sugar into a pot on a medium heat.
  2. Stir the mixture until all the sugar has dissolved.
  3. Add the peeled and halved guava's to the sugar-water mixture and allow to simmer until the guava's are soft (and a knife can go through them easily)
  4. Allow to cool/ serve warmed.

Delicious on a bed of granola and yoghurt

4 comments:

  1. Can I bottle the guava's? Should I add the syrup?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes you can as long as you've sterilized your bottles, and yes add the syrup too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can this be made in the Microwave? If so how please?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well I was searching about this topic and I come up here and when I read this it's like the perfect information I was looking for. Thanks for this information really appreciated it...Catering Services in UAE

    ReplyDelete