Tuesday 28 August 2012

My favourite Spanish inspired pasta

When I opened my fridge this evening the ingredients just jumped out at me and the inspiration hit! I love love love Chorizo sausage with its Smokey flavors it goes well with anything, from calamari to chicken to just plain on its own with beautiful freshly baked bread and farm style cheese. But tonight I wanted pasta and I so I added the chorizo some of my cupboard staples like tomatoes, garlic and chili and it was fabulous and easy. Give it a try or make up your own combination and tell us about it...

Chicken and Chorizo Pasta

Ingredients: (Serves 3)


  • 2 cloves garlic
  • 1 Spanish red onion
  • Olive oil
  • Chorizo sausage (sliced)
  • Handful of Rosa tomatoes
  • 1 tin of chopped tomatoes
  • 3 chicken breasts (sliced)
  • Chili (to taste, I used dried chili flakes but fresh is also good)
  • Paprika
  • Pasta of your choice
  • Sugar, salt and pepper
 
Ingredients

 Method:

  1. Place a medium saucepan on a medium heat, and chop the onion and crush the garlic.
  2. At the same time place a pot of salted water on the stove for the pasta.
  3. Heat some olive oil in the pan and add the garlic, and onions.
  4. When the onions have browned slightly add the chorizo (the chorizo will flavor and colour the oil and infused the dish with Smokey flavors)
  5. Let the chorizo crisp its oils.
  6. Then add the chicken and cook through.
  7. When the chicken has browned add the fresh tomato and let them blister and cook releasing their juices.
  8. Then add the tinned tomato, and flavor with the chili, paprika, salt and pepper. (Don’t forget to add some sugar, just a small teaspoon, to normalise the acidity of the tomato)
  9. Then when your pasta is cooked, add the drained pasta to the sauce and serve
Ready to enjoy

Served with Wild Rocket

 

No comments:

Post a Comment