Tuesday 14 August 2012

Feeling like some pasta? Here you go... Enjoy!

last night I had to make dinner, and I was having a pasta craving. I have this craving quite often as I am a bit of a pasta glut, but what can I say? I just LOVE pasta! So my choice of pasta and sauce for the evening was a good old 'Pasta carbornara." It exceeded all expectations, that I even had it for breakfast and lunch today! try it!

Here is the recipe

Pasta Carbonara

Ingredients: Serves 4

  • 1 packet dried spaghetti
  • 1/4 cup double thick cream (I used a bit more than a 1/4)
  • 4 eggs
  • 1 packet of streaky bacon, diced.
  • 1 teaspoon extra virign olive oil
  • 1 cup of freshly grated parmesan cheese
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • parsley for garnishing

Ingredients

Method:

  1. Bring a large pot of water seasoned with salt to the boil.
  2. Saute the bacon in a pan until crisp, remove bacon from the pan and drain using paper towels.
  3. Place the spaghetti into the boiling water and cook for +/- 9 minutes until al dente.
  4. In a bowl mix together the cream, parmesan, olive oil, eggs, salt and pepper until well combined.
  5. Drain the pasta, toss with the cream mixture, add the bacon and season further if necessary.
  6. Garnish with parmsan shavings and some fresh parsley.

Delectable!

No comments:

Post a Comment