Sunday 12 August 2012

Apple Crumble for a tea-time treat


It was soo freezing cold in Cape Town today that after lunch I felt like something sweet and warm to eat in front of the roaring fire, so’ the first thing that popped into my mind was a delicious warm apple crumble! Id never made one before so I though it was the prefect thing to try out since I love making new things. This recipe is dead easy and super quick. I recommend it to any apple crumble lover. 

Warm Apple Crumble

Ingredients:

  • 2 cups flour
  • 1 cup sugar
  • ½ cup jungle oats
  • 250g butter
  • 1 pinch of salt
  • 2 tins of sliced pie apples (with 5 tsps sugar, cinnamon and cloves)
 
Ingredients!!!

 Method:

  1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees
  2. Cream the butter and sugar  then add the jungle oats and flour and mix.
  3. Divide the mixture and press into the bottom of a pie dish.
  4. Pour in the apples (with the sugar, cinnamon and cloves)
  5. Then grate the remaining dough over the pie to for the crumble crust.
  6. Bake in the oven for about +/-35mins

Serve with fresh custard, cream or ice cream which ever you prefer!!!

I was too impatient and took my crumble out of the oven too soon so it was a bit moist but apart from that it was utterly delish, the taste spoke for itself! Give it a try for yourself

warm, crunchy and delish

No comments:

Post a Comment