Monday 30 July 2012

River Cafe, Constantia Uitsig Winter Lunch

This past weekend I went to the River Cafe at Constantia Uitsig for their Winter special menu. There are a couple of different choices that can be had amoungst their menu's. One can either choose from their classic menu (where the items vary in price) or there is their Winter special menu where one can either have a 3 course meal with tea/coffee for R119 or a 2 course meal for R99.

I had the 2 course menu which had fairly large portions and food that was scrumptious! I chose a starter and a main course (no dessert) and both my courses were very satisfying and delish!

Starter:

To start I had Bruschetta (ciabatta toasted in the oven with a splash of olive oil, salt and pepper until crisp) topped with caramelised onions, roasted cherry tomatoes, rocket, crispy bacon and mozzarella drizzled with a balsamic glaze. It was absaloutely delicious and big enough to share with another person, which is exactly what I did and it worked out really well.

Starter: Bruschetta

Main Course:


I am a pasta fanatic, I honestly could eat it for breakfast, lunch and supper, 7 days of the week and would not get tired of it. So naturally I found the pasta option on the menu, and went for it... and to say the least " I was not disappointed"

It was a spinach tagliatelle mixed in a mushroom, spinach, sundried tomato and cream sauce topped with grated parmesan and a sprig of Italian flat leaf parsley. I must admit that I was very full after my last fork full, but it was delightful to the palette and if only I'd had leftovers, I would have eaten it for dinner that night too.

The other aspect to the dish that made me ever so happy was the parmesan cheese. Often restaurants decide to put a rubbery, tasteless version of "parmesan cheese" on the table which really does not appeal to me, but this was REAL parmesan cheese, which added to the flavour of the dish and made it that much more delicious!


Main Course: Spinach tagliatelle in a mushroom, sundried tomato,
spinach and cream sauce topped with grated parmesan
I had an absalutely splendid time there and would recommend it to anyone who would like to go for a relaxing, laid back lunch where delightful food is served. Thank you River Cafe.

No comments:

Post a Comment