Tuesday 24 July 2012

Left over chicken? What I did with mine:

So we had left over chicken from Sunday's roast and I wasn't interested in eating the same thing for dinner on Monday night, so I decided to make it into something else along with the mushrooms we had lying in the fridge... At first I thought a pie would be nice, but then I didn't feel like that either, I then thought maybe a lasagne, but couldn't find a recipe that tickled my tastebuds... so I opted to make a pasta sauce from my head, to add to some pasta, as time too was limited.

It was quick to make and delicious to eat.
Heres what I used:

Creamy tomato, chicken and mushroom pasta:

Ingredients:

  • 1 packet of Penne Pasta
  • 200g cooked, boneless chicken diced
  • 1 tin of chopped tomatoes
  • 100ml water
  • 1 onion, chopped
  • 2 cloves garlic, crushed and put into 20ml olive oil
  • 15ml coriander, chopped
  • 100g mushrooms, chopped
  • 125ml cream
  • salt
  • pepper
  • chilli flakes (optional)

Ingredients (Excluding the water, salt, pepper and chilli flakes)



Method:

Boil a pot filled with water and a pinch of salt. Once the water is boiling add the pasta for +/- 8mins

Put the onion and garlic oil and chopped coriander into a medium sized saucepan on a medium heat and fry until the onions are soft and glassy.
Add the mushrooms and continue to fry until mushrooms have shrunken and are browning.
Add the chicken.
Add the tinned tomatoes and water and allow to simmer for 5 minutes.
Add the cream
Season with salt, pepper and chilli flakes if desired

Serve on the pasta and garnish with some grated parmesan and a few coriander leaves


Bon Appetit!

1 comment: